Martha Mariam Vanitha Samajam consists of all the women in our parish. It is one of the major spiritual organizations of our parish. They hold monthly meetings, prayers, and engage in various spiritual activities.
Marth Mariam Vanitha Samajam (St. Mary’s Orthodox women’s League) was founded in 1928 aimed at the spiritual progress of women of the Malankara Orthodox Church. The founders named it “Marth Mariam Vanitha Samajam” after the Blessed Virgin Mary whom they accepted as their interceding saint.
- Preparing women to have Theological and Biblical knowledge by attending various courses, training, and seminars
- Encouraging women to participate in the church choir to improve the liturgical music.
- Training women to have awareness of social problems and help with the right decision-making at every level.
- Attempts to find out women’s potentials to a greater extent to promote leadership qualities.
- Training women to conduct prayer groups, Bible classes, fellowship meetings, and preach the gospel.
- Preparing to solve the problems of working women.
- Seek solidarity with women’s action groups on local, national, and international levels. Encouraging more participation in ecumenical gatherings.
- Enhance spirituality by observing canonical lents, engaging in charity work, and practicing family prayers
- Encourage women to actively participate in the OVBS / Sunday school Program of each parish in bringing up children in the Orthodox faith.
- Encourage women to take an active role in the administration of the church and other committees.
Rev. Fr. Johnson Punchakonam